Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Energizing Projection

January 30, 2004 Friday morning

When I went to bed Thursday night I thought about how long it had been since I had experienced a good astral projection. I slept from about 2:00 AM to 5:00 AM. I was trying to get back to sleep when I felt like I was spinning counterclockwise. I recognized that an OBE was starting. I remained passive so that I could flow with the experience. Suddenly I separated and quickly flew upwards. As usual I was in a black void with no simulated visual input. I realized I needed to re-energize myself. I knew I needed to travel upwards toward the light and absorb as much energy as possible before reentering my body. That's what I thought even though I could see no light. I flew upwards rapidly. I could hear sound. It wasn't music, but more like background noise whose pitch increased the higher I flew. Suddenly I felt an energetic surge, and infusion of energy, as if I had succeeded in recharging myself.

Then I realized I had been projected for some time, thinking and flying, yet I hadn't snapped back to my body yet. It was time to get my vision working and go somewhere. I wanted to see and suddenly I could see. I was flying around inside a dimly-lit circular arena, or pit, with gray stone walls. My first impression was that the walls looked like walls in the original DOOM game by id software. The arena was perhaps 50-70 feet in diameter. I was flying around the inner perimeter, about ten feet off the ground and several feet in from the wall. I was aware that I was being watched by viewers above and beyond the top of the wall. There were openings, or windows, irregularly spaced in the walls. I was being watched by people in those windows too. I realized although I had succeeded in gaining vision, what I was seeing was not real. I wanted to see what was really around me.

I decided I wanted to go visit my best friend, whom I often try to visit during projections. I began descending and found myself sliding and bouncing along the ground. Movement was difficult as if I was moving through molasses. Abruptly the OBE was over and I was sitting on the floor in an open-office environment. I couldn't believe I had been stupid enough to sit down on the floor at work and have an out-of-body experience while my coworkers worked around me. I knew I was at the company I used to work for, and for which my friend still works, but I knew I didn't belong there. I sat there for a minute resting and watching people work. Then I was sitting at a desk in the middle of the open-office area. I recognized the desk as mine. A small hardback book I had wanted to read before I left was still sitting on the desk. I think the book's title was SNARPS. It contained cartoon strips. I flipped through the book and noticed it was a library book. There was a card pocket and checkout card in the back. I wondered what the overdue fee would be. Snarps were funny creatures with long faces like aardvarks. The book was black and white.

Suddenly I was in a room with people I knew. In front of me to my right were three good friends of mine from around my high-school years. Each one had about a week's growth of beard. I was surprised they all worked at the company I used to work for. Across the hall I could see a man in an opened window trying to talk to me, but I couldn't hear what he was saying. Then I was walking toward the entrance of a dark cafe or video arcade, like in a shopping mall. I was startled to see a dear old friend walking out. We embraced, there was a loud noise, and he vanished. I felt a great sense of loss. Then I was talking with a girl who had lived next door to me when we were children, but I couldn't hear what she was saying. I woke up.

Later that day I looked up "snarps" on Google. Most of the hits were genealogical or non-English. I translated one of the first hits, from Dutch to English. It said that Snarps are ectoplasmic creatures that haunt old houses. Neat.


Copyright 2010 Jon Maloney

No comments: