Thursday, April 22, 2010

Heard My Name Called

March 6, 2005 Sunday 5:50 PM

I was meditating before supper. I had been breathing deeply for about twenty minutes. I was very relaxed. I was startled to hear a woman's voice call my name, "Jon", loudly and clearly. It was so real and so loud that I felt a jolt of adrenalin and jumped. I was instantly wide awake. My heart was pounding. I knew no one else was in my apartment and the sound had to have been in my head. I had not recognized the woman's voice. The call did not sound like a warning, but just to get my attention.

Twice before I had heard someone call my name like that when no one was there. The first time was when I was about five or six years old, around 1959. I was standing in our downstairs playroom with my brother playing pool on a miniature, toy, pool table. That time a man's voice called, "Jon". I could not believe my brother had not heard it. At the time I decided it must have been God.

The second time it happened was in 1982 or 1983 when I lived on the shore of Lake Hartwell in South Carolina. That time it was a woman's voice. All three times the voice simply sounded like the caller wanted my attention, but then didn't say anything else.


Copyright 2010 Jon Maloney

No comments: