Sunday, April 04, 2010

Dream Telepathy

March 31, 2002 Sunday

I dreamt I was visiting an old friend who lives in Arizona. The dream was vague, but I remembered three specifics that I related to my friend in an email:  there was concern about his dog eating poison, there was a big concern about drinking water, and at the end we watched something awe-inspiring in the sky. (I didn't know if my friend owned a dog.)

My friend said he took his dog with him to work on his mountain cabin the day before (Saturday). The cabin had been winterized and the water was turned off. He had put antifreeze in the commode and he knew he couldn't let the dog drink it, because it was poisonous. My friend had forgotten to bring water and both he and the dog got very dehydrated. (He was so dehydrated he was sick Saturday night.) He ended the day sitting on a hilltop, smoking a cigar, and watching a spectacular sunset.

Parallels:  my friend has a dog, concern about poisoning the dog, concern about water, and watching something spectacular in the sky.


Copyright 2010 Jon Maloney

No comments: