Saturday, April 03, 2010

Dream Telepathy

January 19, 2001, Friday

On Friday morning I dreamt that I was at my best friend's house in Pennsylvania. I was standing beside a couch on which over a dozen envelopes were haphazardly strewn. My friend said he had been meaning to put them away, but he hadn't got around to it yet. I asked if he had considered asking his wife to handle them one day while he was at work.

I emailed my friend about the dream. He said he had sorted through a stack of accumulated mail on the previous weekend. He put the envelopes on his desk with the intention of filing them later in the week. He didn't get to it. On Wednesday while he was at work, his wife wanted to use the desk. She picked up the pile of envelopes from the desk and tossed it onto the couch, where the envelopes made an unsightly mess. My friend saw the envelopes spread across the couch on Wednesday night and was frustrated that he didn't have time to file them. I had my dream on Thursday night/Friday morning. My friend finally filed the envelopes that weekend. 


Copyright 2010 Jon Maloney

No comments: