Saturday, April 03, 2010

Dream Projection with False Awakening

Sunday January 21, 2001 about 4:30 AM

I had felt tired all day Saturday. My right hand and wrist hurt, which had prevented me from doing my daily rowing exercise. I took two Mobigesic tablets for pain and went to bed at 10:30 PM.

I became conscious while feeling the internal movement of projecting. I intentionally separated and floated upward. My first thought was how easy separation had been, when usually I try hard and can't accomplish it. I was floating vertically a few feet above my bed in my old house in Davidson, North Carolina. (I still don't know if my old bedroom is an astral construction, if I time travel to my old bedroom, or if there's some other explanation for frequently finding myself projected in that room.)

I looked around and wondered where to go. Years of repeated suggestion took over and I thought of visiting my friend in Pennsylvania. I felt an instant shift in location, everything went black, and I knew I was in my friend's house. Although everything was still black, I knew I was in my friend's TV room, on his ground floor. I knew my friend and his wife were not in the room. I remembered my friend's wife had been having psychic experiences. I wondered if she would be able to perceive me. I felt a quick shift and knew I was standing in the upstairs hall outside the master bedroom. I was reluctant to enter my friend and his wife's bedroom. I could sense that no one was up in the room. I felt a quick shift and knew I was standing in the basement. I still couldn't see, but I could sense that no one was up in the basement either.

Suddenly I snapped back to my body and sat up in bed. I was in bed in my old bedroom in Davidson (not in South Carolina where my body really was). I immediately began reviewing the projection I had just experienced so I would remember it. I could hear my family upstairs. I heard my brother say "Goodnight" and start coming down the stairs. My door was open. I realized my brother's actions are what had brought me back to my body. My brother came into my room, borrowed a couple of unused VCR tapes from me, and left to go to bed in his own room.

Then I was standing outside at night, on Pine Road in Davidson. I was talking with a good friend from childhood about the projection I had just experienced. I had three wall calendars in my hands. Then there was a blizzard of little white things flying through the air and hitting us. It was not snow or sleet. It seemed like rice. I looked at my friend and said, "Is it rice?"

Then I woke up in my real bed in Anderson, South Carolina. I didn't feel like trying to go back to sleep, so I got up and checked my email. One email was from my old friend Jim Brown, who said he was going to Idaho for his son's wedding. I immediately remembered the rice that was hitting me in my dream a few minutes before. Friends throw rice at the bride and groom at weddings. I also realized that the biggest, most memorable event Jim Brown and I shared had occurred on Pine Road in Davidson. It seemed Jim's thoughts of me in telling me about the wedding, brought Pine Road and flying rice into my dream.


Copyright 2010 Jon Maloney

No comments: