Saturday, April 03, 2010

Dream Telepathy

September 30, 2001, Sunday Morning

I dreamt I was with an old friend in another country. There was some sort of threat and we had to evacuate the building. The situation was tense.

After I woke up I thought about the dream and my friend, whom I had not communicated with in a long time. I had his email address, but I did not know what country he was in. He moves every few years. I wrote him an email and related the events in my dream. A few hours later I received an email from him. He said he was in Jakarta, Indonesia where anti-American demonstrations were in progress, growing larger and louder. (The attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon had occurred less than three weeks before, and the US was expected to attack Afghanistan.) My friend's wife had already been evacuated out of the country and he said he would be evacuated later if the situation deteriorated further.


Copyright 2010 Jon Maloney

No comments: