Saturday, August 18, 2007

Precognitive Dream

Wednesday March 26, 1986

Wednesday night I was going to drive to visit my parents in another state. Early Wednesday morning I had a precognitive dream about my visit.

I dreamt I arrived in my parents' driveway, got out of the car, and floated up to the second story at the back of the split-level house. I floated into the computer room and was nearly overwhelmed by the strong odor of something that smelled like varnish or turpentine.

That evening I drove to my parents' house. After I had been there an hour or so, at about 10:30 PM, I smelled something that smelled like turpentine. I investigated. There was a bedspread laid out on the computer room floor to dry. The odor in the computer room was overpowering. I instantly recognized the location and smell as identical to what I had experienced in my dream that morning.

A few minutes before, my mother had accidentally overturned a bottle of cleaning fluid on her bed. She had put the bedspread in the computer room at the opposite end of the house to air out.


Copyright 2007 Jon Maloney

No comments: