Thursday, August 09, 2007

Dream Telepathy

Sunday December 1, 1985

My best friend was visiting his parents in another state. Saturday evening he rode an old bicycle his father had repaired. It was the first time he had ridden a bicycle in many years and he was a little shaky. He rode down a hill away from home and then uphill towards home. His legs got tired going up the hill and he experimented with the gears. The bike was a three-speed with the gearshift in the right handgrip and a little dial in front of the handgrip indicating the current gear. He was in a hurry because it was late and misting rain.

I dreamt that I was shakily riding a three-speed bicycle uphill towards home. My legs were tired and I changed gears with my right hand. I then looked at the dial in front of the right handgrip to verify my new gear. I was in a hurry because it was gray and misty and almost dark.


Copyright 2007 Jon Maloney

No comments: