Sunday, August 26, 2007

Dream Telepathy

Tuesday July 22, 1986

Monday night my best friend went to eat late at Chick-Filet. He ordered some waffle-fried potatoes with the meal. The cook made him wait for a new batch of fries. My friend was in a hurry and was perturbed by the fact that there were plenty of fries already cooked. He wanted to serve himself from the old batch of fries and leave. As he waited, the cook began throwing the old fries away.

That night I dreamt I was eating late somewhere with my friend. I picked up a small plate of fries that looked old and soggy. My friend called to me from a different counter where there were fresh hot fries. I put the ones I had back and noticed the cooks were taking the food away and closing. As I tried to get across the room before the new fries were removed, my friend served himself by going behind the counter and getting a plate of fries for me. The cook quickly took the rest of the food away.


Copyright 2007 Jon Maloney

No comments: