Thursday, August 09, 2007

Overlapping Dreams

Sunday December 22, 1985

I was in North Carolina. A close friend was in South Carolina.

I dreamt I was at a mud bank setting a complex trap for catching fossils. The apparatus consisted of net, rope, line, hooks, and bait. I had to finish before a small stunned mammal on a hook awakened and bit me. I was trying to teach someone behind me the skills and subtleties of setting the trap. I was frustrated that the person wasn't getting it, but I had to hurry about my work regardless of whether or not he understood.

The same night my friend dreamt that he wandered away from the main dream setting and stopped in front of a mud bank where someone was working on something. He watched awhile, did not understand the activity, and left.


Copyright 2007 Jon Maloney

No comments: