Thursday, May 28, 2009

Dream Similar to Friend's Article

Thursday June 29, 1995

Wednesday night my best friend read a magazine article he wanted to share with me. He put it in his briefcase to show me at work the next day.

Early Thursday morning I dreamt of three macho, brawny, beer drinkers who dared people to sit in a certain chair. When someone sat in the chair, some sort of trap was triggered that killed him. After someone was killed, the drinkers would join arms and begin singing loud, jovial, barroom songs together.

When I related the bizarre dream to my friend at work on Thursday, he fetched the article from his briefcase. The article related an account of four macho drinkers. One stuck his hand out and dared another to cut it off. The other man partially severed the hand at the wrist with a knife. Then the guy with the knife put his head on a chopping block and dared the guy with the wounded wrist to cut off his head. The guy got a nearby axe and complied, cutting off his friend's head. Then the three remaining men began singing, "Roll the Head of the Giant". The singing awakened neighbors who called the police.

Copyright 2009 Jon Maloney

No comments: