Monday, August 25, 2008

One of My Longer Projections

Sunday, June 25, 1995

I was lying relaxed in bed after a partial night's sleep. I felt like my astral body was crooked in relation to my physical body. I realized I often feel like that and automatically straighten myself. It's sort of like the way you automatically refocus your eyes when you want to see a stereogram and your eyes start to drift out of focus. This time I caught myself before realigning my body and decided to use the crookedness to try to project. There was a very quick, painless, motion feeling and I was out. I felt like for decades I had made projecting hard when it's really very easy. I was in blackness, which happens frequently. Often whatever I do to try to get past this point results in ending the experience. This time I tried the obvious. I tried to open my eyes. It worked! I could see.

I was floating vertically in my childhood bedroom. I realized that my old bedroom is a stable astral-world creation I have subconsciously created. It's not a misinterpretation of my current bedroom, it's not a dream, and it's not the current state of the bedroom. (Robert Monroe discusses such constructs in Ultimate Journey which I was reading at the time.) I tried to fly straight up through the ceiling but I hit the ceiling and bounced off. I tried again and bounced off again. I drifted into one of the corners and floated there thinking. I decided to go visit a friend, whom I visualized. Nothing happened. I tried going through the wall, but I couldn't. So I landed on the floor, walked to the door, grabbed the doorknob, opened the door and walked out. As I walked through the doorway I reached over and turned off the overhead light in my room. I noticed the switch was a metal push-button, which seemed wrong, but I didn't think about it. The light turned off properly. I walked into the hallway and closed the door behind me.

I could hear my father walking around upstairs. I quietly walked across the playroom to the back door. I realized if I opened the door my father would hear it. I tried to fly up through the ceiling, but I bounced off. I visualized the friend I wanted to visit again, but nothing happened. I walked back across the playroom and into the hall. I noticed the hallway rug was flipped over at one corner. I squatted down and fixed it. I looked up the stairs and wondered if I should try to prove astral projection to my father by going upstairs and confronting him. I decided not to. I quietly opened the door to my room and walked back in. I flew into the air and visualized my friend again. This time everything went black and I was back in the physical in my real bedroom.


Copyright 2008 Jon Maloney

No comments: