Monday, August 25, 2008

Similar Dreams

Friday, February 4, 1994

I stopped smoking cigarettes in 1985.

My best friend dreamt that he watched me talk with a guy at work. As we talked the guy offered me a cigarette which I accepted and lit without thinking about it or interrupting our conversation. My friend knew I didn't know I was smoking and wondered when I would realize it. A few minutes later I sat on a couch, looked for an ashtray, and stopped. I stared at my cigarette in confusion wondering where it came from and why I was smoking it.

The same night I dreamt that I was watching a TV news program that was about a project I was involved in at work. The project had spread to the whole country. Suddenly I noticed I had almost finished the cigarette I was smoking. I stared at it in confusion trying to remember why I was smoking it and when I had started smoking again.

In both dreams I was unconsciously smoking while thinking about work, realized I was smoking, and became confused.


Copyright 2008 Jon Maloney

No comments: