Friday, August 01, 2008

Suppressed Reaction to Threat, False Awakening?

Friday Morning, May 29, 1992

I am still reading Dimensions by Jacques Vallee.

I awoke due to a bright light shining into the bedroom. I was lying on my back. I could see the light through my closed eyelids. I opened my eyes and saw a brilliant white light shining on me from the hallway. I knew there was no light that bright anywhere in the house. I glanced at the clock by the bed. It was 2:14 AM. I realized the aliens had come for me. Then I rolled over facing away from the light and instantly went back to sleep.

I record this event because of my inexplicable reaction to it. I believed that I was awake and that there was a bright light shining onto me from the hallway, but what did I do? I casually realized the aliens had come for me, looked at the clock, rolled over, and instantly went back to sleep. I could understand that reaction if I awoke and knew I'd been dreaming, but I thought I was awake and I thought the light was real. Plus, I'm a light sleeper and generally have trouble going back to sleep after awakening during the night. I don't believe I was visited by aliens, but I do believe it was an unusual nighttime event worth recording.



Tuesday or Wednesday, May 26 or 27, 1992

I am recording this several days late because in retrospect it might be related to the above event. At the time I didn't record it, although I did think it was unusual enough to mention to a coworker the following day.

Sometime during the night I got out of bed, walked downstairs, turned a light on, looked around, turned the light off, and went back to bed. I don't know why I did it. I've lived here for nine years and I've only gone downstairs once after going to bed. (Once I had wired my TV sound through my stereo speakers. In the middle of the night when my VCR came on to tape a movie the TV sound passed through and came out of my speakers.)


Copyright 2008 Jon Maloney

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, this is weird...
I had the exact same experience a few months ago.
I was having this normal dream. In my dream; I was trying to calm a dream character. You see, in the dream; my town had flooded and this women and I found ourselves on a boat floating down the street. I was lucid & verbally acknowledged to this women that she & I were dreaming and that when we wake up our children will be in their beds etc., right where we left them. Then this crazy robot alien looking guy... angry(like, an anger I've never seen or felt in my life), It came up to me. I demanded him to tell me who he was... he just stared at me intensely!
~Thats when I woke up. (maybe)
I think I was still dreaming though.
I was on my bed next to my husband. There was this ghostly alien looking thing pushing me around on my bed... I turned my head and it seemed as though I had fell back to sleep/passed out...
I don't know. It was wierd!

Jon Maloney said...

Thanks for sharing that story. False awakenings are definitely weird. Plus, when you're in the state between being asleep and being awake, your analytical mind doesn't work properly. The results can be pretty confusing.