Thursday, August 21, 2008

We had the Same Dream

Thursday Night, June 18, 1992

Thursday morning I dreamt I was lying on my back about to undergo an operation. A woman standing beside me had just administered some drug to incapacitate me. I grabbed her and demanded an explanation of the operation. I didn't understand it and didn't agree that I should have it. She gave a quick explanation that made no sense to me. As I succumbed to the drug it was all I could do to stand and stagger from the room. Stumbling down the hall I ran into a friend and tried to explain my predicament to him. I woke up.

That day at work I wanted to tell the dream to my friend who was in the dream, but it was never convenient. When I went to bed Thursday night I was still thinking about the dream and my desire to tell my friend about it.

Early Thursday night my friend dreamt he was lying on his back about to undergo an operation. He did not believe the operation was in his best interests. Someone was standing over him about to begin. My friend wanted to get away, but he was paralyzed. He woke up.

Both dreams began with us lying on our backs about to undergo an operation we did not want. We both escaped.


Copyright 2008 Jon Maloney

No comments: