Sunday, May 31, 2009

Precognition or Psychokinesis?

Sunday November 30, 1997

I was about two minutes into my evening shower when I found myself imagining what it would be like to try to shower in the dark if my bathroom light went out. My bathroom has no windows. I wondered why I was imagining such a thing, because I had only replaced the long fluorescent bulb over the sinks once since 1983. The first bulb had lasted ten years after I moved in, and it may have been several years old when I moved in. The new bulb was only about four years old. Then I imagined the light going out due to some reason other than a burned-out bulb. I forced myself to stop such a seemingly-pointless train of thought. I began thinking about something else. Then the light went out! After a moment of adjustment I could barely see from some reflected light coming into the bathroom down the hall from the bedroom. I finished my shower in near blackness.

I couldn't tell if I precognitively knew the light would go out or if I psychokinetically made the light go out by imagining the light going out.

Later, I tried to fix the light. I unplugged the long fluorescent bulb, wiggled the fixture, sprayed WD-40 into the two bulb sockets, and plugged the bulb back in. It worked.


Copyright 2009 Jon Maloney

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How bizarre, Jon. - Evelyn

Jon Maloney said...

Hi Evelyn! Fancy meeting you here. :-)

Yes, I definitely thought this event warranted inclusion in my psychic experience journal. Since I have had other near-future precognitive experiences I'm inclined to think that's what this was. Somehow my subconscious knew the light would go out and I'd be showering in the dark, so it passed along the information to my conscious mind.

Thanks for reading.