Thursday, May 28, 2009

Telepathy During Conversation

Saturday August 19, 1995

After hiking together on Saturday, a friend and I ate dinner at a Chinese restaurant. We each opened our fortune cookies and read our positive fortunes aloud. Then we had the following interchange.

Friend: I wonder if they ever give bad fortunes?

Me: You mean like, "You will die?"

Friend: "Your spouse is having an affair."

Me: "A girl named Jennifer will change your life tomorrow."

Friend: What made you say that?

Me: I don't know. It didn't even fit, did it?

My friend had a blind date with a girl named "Jennifer" planned for the next day. He had not mentioned the girl or the date to me. He was apprehensive about it because he had answered an ad in the newspaper's personals column and he didn't know what to expect. Both the name and day in my spontaneous statement were correct.

Copyright 2009 Jon Maloney

No comments: