Sunday, May 31, 2009

Astral Travelling via Energy Layers

Sunday August 10, 1997

I had taken ibuprofen due to a two-day headache a few hours before. I took 3 mg of melatonin before going to bed. My Australian penfriend was fighting a brain tumor. I had received a post card from her a few days before requesting positive visualizations. I lay on my back, practiced deep breathing for a few minutes, performed some progressive muscular relaxation, and visualized going to Australia to help my friend.

I felt my astral body separating. Next I was moving rapidly through blackness in which there were visible planes of energy, like layers. The planes were not colorful, but differentiated by texture, granularity, or wavelength. Some layers looked coarse; others looked fine. I flew quickly, shifting from plane to plane as I moved. With each shift to a new layer my motion felt different and the energy around me felt different. I was surprised at how long the flight lasted, perhaps as long as a minute. Suddenly I stopped. I was hovering near the ceiling of a room brightly lit with natural light. There were no people in the room. I noticed how tidy and uncluttered the room was. I saw a kitchen, a counter or bar between the kitchen and the rest of the room, an L-shaped desk, and a chair at the desk. There was a computer on the desk. I studied the desk area briefly.

Suddenly I was flying through blackness following the energy planes again. I wondered if the room I had seen was in Australia. I tried to actively take control of my flight by visualizing my penfriend's house. The instant I tried to take control I found myself flying along about a hundred feet above ice and water. There were very large chunks of ice floating in the black water. I could see icy cliffs and ice slides in progress. I began losing altitude (which always happens when I'm flying and pay attention to what's on the surface beneath me). I tried to will myself to Australia, then I tried to visualize the shifting energy planes again. I couldn't stop my descent. Soon I plunged into the black water between two slabs of ice. The experience ended. I looked at the clock and saw thirty minutes had passed since I had last looked at the clock.


Copyright 2009 Jon Maloney

No comments: