Saturday, May 30, 2009

Bizarre Coincidence & Precognition

Saturday January 25, 1997

I dreamt I was visiting a female penfriend of mine in Australia. I asked her to take me to the house of the dead. She took me to a building that seemed like a tavern frequented by dead people. I recognized a girl there as another Australian penfriend of mine, but I couldn't think of her name. She looked at me and said, "Martin". I remembered her first name was "Lucinda".

I don't know anyone named "Lucinda Martin".

I woke up and sat in bed to gather my wits before getting up. My telephone rang. I answered, "Hello". The man on the other end stammered a moment, obviously not recognizing my voice. Then he said, "Is this the Martin residence?" I said, "No, it's not." The man apologized and hung up. Just a few minutes before the telephone call a dead girl in my dream looked at me and said, "Martin". What are the odds?

I related the dream in a letter to my penfriend the same day that I had the dream. A few days after I mailed my letter, my penfriend's dog had a stroke. The dog died two days before my penfriend received my letter. My penfriend was devastated. The dog's name was "Sindha", pronounced just like "Cinda" in the name "Lucinda". In my dream my penfriend had taken me to the house of the dead where I met a girl named "Lucinda". When my penfriend read my dream in the letter she instantly connected the Lucinda in the house of the dead with her dog Sindha, and cried over my letter for her dog.


Copyright 2009 Jon Maloney

No comments: