Friday, May 29, 2009

Projection during OBE, twice!

Thursday November 16, 1995

I went to bed in South Carolina and awoke lying on my stomach in bed in my old bedroom in Davidson, North Carolina. My parents still live in that house, with four cats. I waked up enough to see where I was and tried to go back to sleep, while I was out of body in Davidson. I felt myself exiting my body. I floated up and became entangled in what felt like a rope around my neck. I twisted around in the air to unwind the rope and I was free. (I had experienced this entanglement with the astral cord before, especially when projecting while lying on my stomach.)

I tried to turn on the bedside lamp. I turned the switch and nothing happened. Trying to turn on a light that doesn't come on is my lucidity cue, but I failed to recognize it. Suddenly I was back in my body in bed in Davidson trying to go to sleep again.

I floated up out of my body again, and was again entangled in the silver cord around my neck. I twisted in the air to unwrap the cord. I floated over to the light switch on the wall beside the bedroom door. I flipped the switch, but no light came on. Again I failed to recognize the lucidity cue.

I walked from my bedroom into the downstairs hallway. The hallway has a stairway leading upstairs and five doors -- bathroom, playroom, closet, guest room, and my father's study (which used to be my bedroom, the room I had just been in). As I walked into the hallway I startled my parents' most timid cat, Hogan, who looked at me and fled up the stairs. I stood in the center of the dark hall and heard a sound I instantly recognized. It was the sound the biggest cat, Charlie, made whenever he wanted to get through a closed door. It was a rapid, digging sound Charlie would make at the base of a closed door. My first thought was that Charlie had gotten himself closed in the guest room, bathroom, or closet, and had summoned me for help. Then I realized perhaps he sensed my presence and was trying to get into the guest room to see if I was in there. On my visits I stay in the guest room.

Then I awoke in my real bed in South Carolina. My mother told me later that she did not think Charlie was trapped in any room off the hallway during my projection.


Copyright 2009 Jon Maloney

No comments: