Monday, July 23, 2007

Precognitive Dream

Wednesday May 15, 1985

At the time of this dream I was Safety Coordinator for my company's Information Processing Center in which I had my office. I had responsibilities that included evacuation plans, fire and security control panels that alerted a local response team, fire extinguishers (including an automated Halon system in the computer room), and more. I was very alert to safety issues.

I dreamt I was eating lunch when I was interrupted by a small fire. I quickly put out the fire and looked up at the smoke detectors on the ceiling. I worried that the smoke would set off fire alarms alerting and disturbing everyone in the building. I knew the time was between 11:00 AM and 12:00 PM. My first thought upon waking from the dream was that it was prophetic and the building's fire alarms would go off that day.

Later that day I was eating lunch in the break room when a coworker hurried in to tell me the fire alarm was ringing in the computer room. The time was 12:36 PM EDT. We had been on daylight saving time for about two weeks. The eastern standard time was 11:36 AM.


Copyright 2007 Jon Maloney

No comments: