Monday, July 16, 2007

Dream Telepathy

Early Wednesday morning, January 30, 1985

I did not eat breakfast cereal and I had not bought, eaten, or looked at cereals in years. I never went down the cereal aisle when I shopped for groceries. Tuesday evening I went grocery shopping. I decided to buy some cereal. I spent about ten minutes in the cereal aisle being amazed at the multitude of choices and the abundance of monsters pictured on the boxes (i.e. Booberry, Frankenberry, Count Chocula, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., E.T., Gremlins, and so on).

That night a close friend dreamt of fighting a "monster-man" on a rooftop. After a struggle, my friend managed to throw the monster-man off of the roof. He quickly went to the edge to watch the monster fall. My friend was surprised to see the monster fall into a giant cereal box. The monster landed in the cereal and sank out of sight.


Copyright 2007 Jon Maloney

No comments: