Monday, July 30, 2007

Overlapping Dreams

Thursday August 22, 1985

A close friend and I both dreamt of driving in the country as part of a longer dream. We both dreamt of stopping at a small country store. My friend dreamt he was wandering around the store looking for the proprietor. He remembered going outside and talking to someone in the parking area before going back in.

I dreamt of driving away from town to get my thoughts together after arguing with someone. When I was ready to return I looked for a place to turn around. I saw a little country store ahead on the right. I pulled into the parking area and saw my friend coming out of the store. I stopped and spoke with him briefly and then had a disoriented moment trying to figure out which way I was going. My friend directed me away from town since that's the way he saw me heading when I pulled in. I drove off in that direction, remembered that I had simply pulled into the store to turn around, turned around, and drove back to town.


Copyright 2007 Jon Maloney

No comments: