Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Dream Projection & False Awakening

Tuesday July 2, 1985

This was one of my strangest astral projections. I had just visited my parents in the home where I grew up in North Carolina. It was my first night back in my home in South Carolina.

I became conscious in pitch blackness and knew I was projected. I also knew I was standing vertically a few inches off of the floor. I was slowly swaying and bobbing back and forth. I couldn't see anything.

I raised my right hand in front of my face and concentrated on sending psychic energy to my hand to make it visible. I remembered what I had learned about directing energy into my hand for healing and for spoon bending. I waved my hand back and forth as I tried to send energy into it.

After several seconds my hand began glowing a faint green, like watch hands used to glow in the dark. I wondered if somehow I was making my body's phosphorous accumulate in my hand. I could see trails as I waved my hand, as if whatever was glowing in my hand could not keep up with my hand's movements. I wondered if instead the trails were afterimages, although astral eyes do not have the chemical processes of physical eyes. I continued to wave my green hand back and forth in front of my face as I tried to understand what I was seeing. My middle three fingers were so bright they had halos extending out into the air around them. My little finger, thumb, hand, wrist, and arm were also glowing green, but they were very pale.

I decided to see if I could shoot a flashlight-like beam from my palm. I held my palm facing outward and concentrated on making light shoot from my palm to illuminate whatever it hit. I was not successful.

I held my left hand up too and began waving both hands back and forth in front of my face. I wanted to be able to fully see my surroundings. I concentrated on gaining full vision. Suddenly I felt a shifting motion and I projected again, backwards about a foot or more. I could see my first astral body from behind. It was standing about a foot away waving its arms in front of its face. I could also see my newly-projected body's hands waving back and forth in front of my face. Both bodies were in the same position doing the same motions. I thought how strange it was to project from my astral body into a second astral body.

Then I woke up. I felt fully conscious and awake. I was standing in the doorway of my childhood bedroom, facing across the hallway. I didn't understand how I had been asleep while standing. I remembered driving back to South Carolina. I didn't understand how I was in North Carolina. I wondered if I was asleep and dreaming, or if I was astral travelling. I discounted both ideas since I was obviously completely awake in the physical. When I wondered if I was astral travelling the memory of the astral experience I had just had came flooding back. I rehearsed it repeatedly because I did not want to forget it. I kept reviewing the arm-waving projection experience until I was convinced I would remember it.

Then I really awoke in my bed in South Carolina. I was astounded by the clarity of the experience and thoroughly baffled by my misperception of being fully awake in the physical when I wasn't. I don't think that had ever happened before.


Copyright 2007 Jon Maloney

No comments: