Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Precognition of Dinner Problem

Saturday November 21, 1998

My best friend and I were going hiking in the Pisgah National Forest near Brevard, North Carolina. After each hike there we enjoyed a good, late dinner in Brevard. We looked forward to having big, hot, leisurely meals when we were tired after hiking. We always ate at one of three restaurants that stayed open fairly late -- Pizza Hut, Western Sizzler, or Shoney's. We hated the occasions when we were forced to eat at fast-food hamburger joints after hikes.

Early Saturday morning I had the powerful feeling that there would be a problem associated with dinner that night. As we drove through Brevard on the way to the trail, we saw that the Pizza Hut building was closed, vacant, and its sign was gone. I remembered my intuition and started feeling apprehensive. When we passed where the Western Sizzler had been we saw that it was now a place called "The Sagebrush Saloon". Then we came to Shoney's and saw that it had gone out of business too. All three of our regular restaurants were gone!

Later, we discovered Pizza Hut had moved closer to the trails, so we ate at the new Pizza Hut after the hike. Even though dinner did not turn out to be a problem, the precognition was related to the bad feelings I had when I thought we would have nowhere to eat. Most of my precognitive experiences are based on my future negative feelings rather than on actual events.


Copyright 2009 Jon Maloney

No comments: