Monday, June 01, 2009

Precognitive Dream

Saturday January 10, 1998

This dream occurred on December 15, 1996, but it wasn't until it came true that I recognized its psychic nature. I dreamt that my Australian penfriend was sitting in a wheelchair beside a large body of water. She was very forlorn, very sad. She just sat there in the twilight, staring out at the black water. I told her about the dream in a letter. She thought it foresaw her depression due to her beloved dog's unexpected death the following month, in January 1997.

On April 21, 1997 my penfriend had a stroke caused by an inoperable brain tumor. Her doctors did everything they could for her at the hospital and then sent her home where her partner took care of her. She and her partner walked on the beach together every morning and every evening. My penfriend's condition deteriorated and soon she was confined to a wheelchair. Her partner would roll her down to the beach where my penfriend would sit and stare at the ocean. The scene from my dream of December 15, 1996 was repeated in real life many times in late 1997.


Copyright 2009 Jon Maloney

No comments: