Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Assisted Projection by Strange Being

Wednesday December 9, 1998 about 1:43 AM

When I came to this entry in my journal I was amazed that I had forgotten such an unusual experience.

Before turning out the light I read in the book Projections of the Consciousness by Waldo Vieira. (See Vieira, Waldo Projections of the Consciousness: A Diary of Out-of-Body Experiences Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: International Institute of Projectiology and Conscientiology, 1997.) I wanted to have an astral projection experience, but I was restless and had trouble relaxing. I performed three cycles of deep breathing and progressive muscular relaxation. I also requested assistance to have an astral experience. I last looked at the clock at 1:38. I think The following event occurred less than five minutes later.

I was being lifted towards the ceiling, in an upright, vertical position. There was a being behind me with its arms extended straight out in front of me on both sides, directly beneath my own arms which were extended straight out in front (in the classic sleepwalking stance). The arms beneath mine were extremely narrow and non-human. The tiny hands were holding my forearms. We rose jerkily and noisily. I was conscious, but not thinking clearly. I was afraid I was going to sleepwalk across my bedside table and awaken the lady next door. We begin spinning and thrashing unstably. As we neared the ceiling I became more lucid. I realized the situation -- that I was being helped to project by the being behind me who had lifted me out in response to my assistance request.

I was overwhelmed with a feeling of gratitude. I gently clasped the tiny hand that was holding onto my left forearm. I lifted the hand to my mouth and kissed it in gratitude. The hand was light, spidery, and not human. The being jerked its hand back. I reached across the front of my body with my left hand, grabbed the being's right wrist from my right forearm, and with a quick jerk I whipped the being around in front of me so that I could see it. We were floating there, face to face, with me holding both of its arms. The being was strange and cartoon-like. It was the same color of pink as Bazooka Bubblegum. It's body and head were the shape of a tennis racket, and slightly larger, with the body being the handle and the face of the racket analogous to the being's face. It reminded me of Gumby, the Claymation character. The two arms that I was holding were long, thin, and colorless. I wasn't trying to hurt it. I just wanted to see it and meet it.

The being started struggling frantically, but I held it secure. Then a long, thin whip-like trunk or nose appeared in the middle of the being's face. The nose started whipping me on my face, neck, and shoulders. It didn't hurt, but it was distracting and annoying. It reminded me of a live electrical wire or a high-pressure hose that whipped back and forth out of control. We were still vertical, in the air. We began spinning and I felt like I was getting tangled in ropes, wires, or octopus arms. I released the being and was instantly standing on the floor alone between the bed and the doorway.

Although the room was mine, there were many differences. There was clutter everywhere -- broken items, lamps, wires, furniture, and more. It was very dark. I turned the switch of a free-standing lamp on my left, but no light came on. I inspected the lamp and saw the bulb was missing. There was another, shorter lamp nearby. I turned its switch, but nothing happened. Then I walked over to the door and flipped the wall switch. No light came on. Then I realized the cigarette in my right hand had burned too short. (I had not smoked since 1985.) I dropped the cigarette onto the floor and stepped on it. Then I felt something burning the fingers on my left hand. I looked and saw it was another cigarette that had burned too short. I mentally scolded myself for smoking two cigarettes at the same time.

Then I was awake in bed in the same position I had been in a few minutes before. The time was 1:59. I realized I had again failed to recognize my lucidity cue of turning on a light that doesn't work, not once, but three times. I remembered something that may be relevant. In 1984 a good friend had offered to come to me astrally, help me project, and give me a tour of the astral world. I asked him how I would recognize him. He said he would have a very long nose. In 1985 that same friend used hypnotism and NLP to help me stop smoking cigarettes. During my progressive muscular relaxation I had briefly found myself thinking of my friend. The being's long nose, the fact that suddenly I was smoking two cigarettes, and the fact that I thought of my friend as I tried to project, make me wonder if the being was my friend from the eighties.


Copyright 2009 Jon Maloney

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey are you a professional journalist? This article is very well written, as compared to most other blogs i saw today….
anyhow thanks for the good read!

Jon Maloney said...

I'm glad you enjoyed my post. Thanks for the compliment. No, I'm not a professional writer, although I did win the senior English award at my high school in 1973. :-)

Robert Searle said...

My project on Multi-Dimensional Science may be of interest. See p2p foundation entry..

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Jon Maloney said...

Thanks for the praise, but it doesn't make much sense. This blog is a record of psychic experiences I've had since around 1970. The posts on this blog are entries from journals I kept. This particular post, the one you commented on, is a journal entry from December 9, 1998. If you click the "About this Blog" link on the upper right you can read what the blog is and why I'm writing it.

Thanks for commenting.

Jon

Anonymous said...

My friend and I were recently discussing about the ubiquitousness of technology in our daily lives. Reading this post makes me think back to that debate we had, and just how inseparable from electronics we have all become.

I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Societal concerns aside... I just hope that as technology further advances, the possibility of downloading our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's one of the things I really wish I could experience in my lifetime.

(Submitted by ZKwa for R4i Nintendo DS.)