Saturday, September 01, 2007

False Awakenings

Friday December 19. 1986

I was trying to get to sleep when I felt the internal motion sensations I associate with leaving my body. I felt like I was moving and switched directions three times. Then I tried to visit my best friend by visualizing him. I lost consciousness. I regained consciousness lying in bed but I felt like something was wrong. I reached up and flipped the switch to turn my bedside light on but the light did not come on. I flipped the switch off and on again, but the light still didn't turn on. I turned my head to look at the red digital bedside clock and saw that it was not on either. I realized my power must have gone off. I was afraid I wouldn't wake up in time for work.

I got out of bed and saw items strewn about all over the bedroom floor. I realized I had awakened in another dimension. Suddenly loud radio music startled me. I wanted to turn it off before it awoke my neighbors. I found the radio on the floor and tried to unplug it, but discovered the plug was not plugged into an electrical outlet. The music stopped. I saw a television burning on the floor. I wondered if my fire extinguisher was operational. Then I walked to the window and looked out at the courtyard. I saw multifaceted prismatic images all over the courtyard. It looked as if the courtyard was filled with scores of doorways leading into other dimensions.

While I was looking at the amazing images I awoke in bed. I was relieved. I reached up and flipped on the bedside light, but nothing happened. I was still in the wrong dimension. I kept fading in and out of consciousness. Each time I became conscious I reached up and flipped the light switch. Twice the light came on separated by attempts when the light did not come on. Suddenly I awakened for real due to a dog barking. My bedside clock said it was 2:00 AM.


Copyright 2007 Jon Maloney

No comments: