Sunday, September 23, 2007

Dream Telepathy

Tuesday December 8, 1987

Monday my best friend caught up on reading accumulated newspapers. One of the last things he read before going to sleep was The Phantom comic strip. The Phantom (who lives in a treehouse) got word and journeyed to a faraway kingdom where the dwarf-like Irrondi had awaited his return for many generations. When he got there, the hidden Irrondi quickly passed word of his arrival.

I dreamt I accompanied an old magician to a dense forest. I saw a dwarf dozing on a platform in a tree. The magician went to the next tree, looked up, and waved his arm. A wooden ladder slid down from the tree and he began climbing. I heard furtive movements in the canopy and voices excitedly spreading the word that the king had returned. I realized the magician was the legendary king who had disappeared centuries before. (I do not read The Phantom comic strip.)


Copyright 2007 Jon Maloney

No comments: