Sunday, April 20, 2008

Lucid Dream Projection

Friday August 4, 1989

I dreamt I was sitting in a room where a party was in progress. I was flipping through cards that had words on them. I came to a card that said TROMPET. I knew the word was supposed to be TRUMPET. I looked away and looked back at the card. It said TREMPET. I remembered reading in the book Lucid Dreaming by Stephen LaBerge, that if you read something twice and the words change, you know you are dreaming. I knew I was dreaming. There was a guy sitting on my left talking to me but I wasn't paying attention.

I closed my eyes with the intention of projecting and flying to visit my best friend. I felt the sensations of separation, but my left leg was holding me back like an anchor. My physical leg was bent uncomfortably. I straightened my physical leg, consciously relaxed again, and opened my eyes. I was still at the party and the same guy was still talking to me, except now he was sitting on my right. He was telling me his belief that if you think you can fly, then you can. I smiled at him and said, "I believe I can fly. And I just flew." The guy looked puzzled. I asked him which side of him I had been on a moment ago and had I walked around. He thought for an instant and then looked amazed.

I stood and made my way up the crowded stairway. When I got to the top I jumped out over the stairway intending to fly through the opposite wall. Instead of flying I slowly drifted down and landed on the heads of the people going up and down the stairs. I lost consciousness.


Copyright 2008 Jon Maloney

No comments: