Saturday, December 10, 2011

Dream Telepathy

July 31, 2005 Sunday

This incident occurred when I was in South Carolina and my friend was in Pennsylvania.

Sunday morning I dreamt I was helping a friend with a project that involved his going for supplies, using a tape measure, and painting. In the scene I remember I was stooped painting a vertical surface white and my friend was working a couple of feet above my head. My impression was that it was a wall or a stair. The project involved more than just painting, because painting does not require taking measurements.  

Unknown to me, a support on my friend's stairway to his basement broke several days before my dream. My friend thought about fixing it but didn’t get to it until Sunday (7/31/2005). He bought supplies at Home Depot, used a tape measure to reposition the railing supports, and sat on the stairs as he worked. He wanted to do some touch-up painting around the repairs but he didn’t get to it. The wall is white.

Parallels:  Getting supplies, working on the stair, using a tape measure, and thinking of painting with white paint.



Copyright 2011 Jon Maloney

No comments: