Thursday, May 01, 2008

Dream Telepathy

Thursday November 1, 1990

Wednesday night a female friend of mine watched the Alfred Hitchcock Presents TV show. The show had two men talking in a room. Each man thought the other man was an escaped convict. Each man thought the other man was going to kill him. One man stepped into an adjacent room to load his handgun, which he brought back covertly. The other man rested his hand on the fireplace poker. Their conversation was tense and suspenseful.

Thursday morning I dreamt I was standing in a room with a man who I thought might try to kill me. Our conversation was friendly on the surface, but very tense underneath. I was wearing the fanny pack I wear while hiking. I discreetly unzipped the right pouch and put my hand on my gun. I flipped off the trigger safety. Then I realized I needed to load a round into the chamber if the gun was going to be useful. I briefly went into another room, chambered a round, put the gun back in its pocket, put my hand on top of it, and returned to the room where the other man waited. That's all I remember.


Copyright 2008 Jon Maloney

No comments: