Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Projection with Visual Errors

Sunday March 17, 1991

I went to bed exhausted at 1:30 AM on Sunday morning. I awoke at 8:30 AM and listened to the audio tape, "Astral Projection: Sound-Accompanied Lift-Out Hypnosis" by Dick Sutphen (from "Astral Projection Hypnosis Album", C184, 1980, Valley of the Sun Publishing). The tape ended without my having a projection. I rolled onto my stomach and tried to go back to sleep.

I became conscious astrally projected and moving backwards toward the ceiling. I could perceive the room clearly. I looked at the bed because I wanted to see myself. The bed was empty, however, I could see the indention on the pillow where my head was. (In fact I wasn't using a pillow.) I realized I had risen much farther from the bed than the ceiling. I felt like I might be able to control the projection this time. The walls looked like concrete blocks with crude shelves now and then. I was reminded of Alice as she fell down the rabbit hole in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. I began sinking back toward my body. I realized I should fly through one of the walls and increase the distance from my body in order to stay projected. I flew sideways into a wall and everything went black. I could feel I was still going down. Then I felt my feet and legs reentering my body first. My torso was arched upwards so that my head, arms, and torso were still projected. I felt like I was hanging in that awkward position by my wrists, like I was a marionette suspended and controlled by strings on my wrists. I visualized an imaginary puppeteer using the strings to pull me back up and out of my body, but I kept sliding downward into my body. I lost consciousness.


Copyright 2008 Jon Maloney

No comments: