Friday, July 18, 2008

Met Friend Astrally

Sunday Night, August 11, 1991

I had to get up at 4:00 AM the next morning to catch a flight to Philadelphia. I went to bed at 8:30 in hopes of getting a good night's sleep. Instead I tossed and turned restlessly without sleeping much. I felt my astral body leave my physical body, but I remained completely passive because I wanted to sleep. I was buffeted back and forth around the ceiling of a dimly-lit room. This turmoil seemed to continue for a couple of minutes.

I decided since I was projected I might as well make use of it and try to take control. I tried to visit an old friend from Philadelphia, whom I had not seen since college. Nothing happened. I tried to visit a penfriend I had in Australia. Nothing happened. Suddenly I was thrust sideways feet-first against a table. It was as if I was lying in the air horizontally, standing on the side of a table. A force of several gravities was pushing me toward the table and I had trouble remaining in a standing position. This struggle also lasted a couple of minutes.

The force stopped abruptly and I flew out into the room only to encounter another astral being flying into the room through the wall on my left. It was one of my best friends from childhood. We had grown up three houses apart. Telepathically I asked him what he was doing there and he asked me the same thing. Then he said he had just come to see me since we hadn't seen each other in over a year. (We normally saw one another every Christmas when we visited our parents, but he had been unable to come the previous Christmas.)

Then several things happened at once -- my physical body rolled over, I re-entered my body, there was a brilliant flash of lightning, and instant thunder. The time was 11:25 PM. A violent electrical storm with torrential rain had just started. I realized my experience included two firsts. I had never been projected during an electrical storm and I had never encountered a projected friend while I was projected.


Copyright 2008 Jon Maloney

No comments: