Sunday, July 20, 2008

Dream Telepathy

Saturday, January 18, 1992

Friday night I watched the unusual 1932 film, Freaks, directed by Tod Browning. The movie is filled with memorable scenes of crippled people, deformed people, and midgets. One of the freaks (played by Johnny Eck) is a man with no legs who runs around on his hands with his body swinging between his arms. The movie's climax takes place at night during a storm, when all the freaks chase someone. Somehow the legless man running on his hands is ahead of the other freaks. As I watched, I thought about my best friend and how I knew he would enjoy the movie.

A few hours later (Saturday morning) my best friend dreamt that he went into a building to take shelter from a storm. Inside the building were many crippled people. One person that especially caught his attention was a man who had no legs. The man was standing on his hands with his body hanging down between his arms.


Copyright 2008 Jon Maloney

No comments: