Sunday, July 20, 2008

Dream Telepathy & Similar Dreams

Tuesday Morning, November 19, 1991

Monday night I watched the 1989 movie "Sonny Boy" starring Paul L. Smith. I recognized Smith as the actor who played a guard in the powerful 1978 film Midnight Express. In "Midnight Express" Smith's guard character had used a stick to severely beat the feet of Billy Hayes (played by Brad Davis). "Midnight Express" was the only other movie I remembered seeing Smith in. I thought about "Midnight Express" and the feet-beating. I made a mental note to tell my best friend about seeing Smith again in "Sonny Boy".

A few hours later on Tuesday morning I dreamt I was travelling with my best friend. We were staying in a dormitory. I sat on the edge of the bed as I put on my hiking boots for a hike. I was irritated because my best friend was not there and he should have been. I noticed my third boot and couldn't decide whether to take it along. I wondered if my friend would bring his spare boot this time.

On Tuesday morning my best friend dreamt that we were travelling together and staying in a dormitory. We had gotten separated and he was looking for me. He didn't have all his gear with him and needed to find me before we could continue. He stepped into a puddle and got his shoes wet. He was aggravated that he didn't have his spare shoes with him. He then watched the punishment of a man whose foot was beaten with a stick until it was mutilated. Then the punisher started beating the man's other foot.


Copyright 2008 Jon Maloney

No comments: