Friday, January 18, 2008

Similar Dreams

Saturday February 18, 1989

My best friend dreamt the two of us were going hiking. I drove. About a half mile down the trail he got thirsty, reached for his canteen, and realized he didn't have his canteen or the rest of his gear. I was eager to continue hiking so I gave him my car keys and he went back to my car alone. At the car he realized that his house was just a couple of hundred yards away and he wondered why we drove. He also noticed that it was getting dark; too dark to start a hike. As he walked home he thought about my keys and how he could get them back to me.

I dreamt I was riding to a hike with an old friend and two other people. After we left the car, I got thirsty and realized I didn't have my canteen. I decided to walk up the road a hundred yards or so where I remembered there was a soft drink machine. The driver and I hassled over his car keys but I don't remember if he gave me his keys. Then he and one of the others started the hike. The remaining person and I left for the drink machine. On our way, I noticed it was getting too dark to hike.

Parallels: going hiking, thirst after leaving car, forgotten canteen, hassle with keys, car's owner kept hiking while other person went for something to drink, person who went back ended up walking rather than taking car, the walk from the car to a drink was just one or two hundred yards, too dark to hike.


Copyright 2008 Jon Maloney

No comments: