Thursday, June 21, 2007

Precognitive Dream

December 31, 1984

I dreamt I dropped a lit cigarette butt in a friend's new car. I watched in horror as the cigarette burned a hole in the car's gray upholstery. I felt terrible about the mishap.

A few hours later the same day I was driving my car (which I had bought new in August). It was a hatchback with gray carpeting in the storage area. I tossed my lit cigarette butt out the window, but it hit the edge of the window and blew back into the car. I stopped the car and turned around to find the butt. It was sitting on the gray carpet where it had already burned a hole. I was overwhelmed with the sense of deja vu from my dream of a few hours earlier. My view of the cigarette burning the carpet was identical to the image I had seen in the dream.

Copyright 2007 Jon Maloney

No comments: