Monday, June 11, 2007

Intentional Astral Projection -- Time Travel?

December 19, 1971, Monday 3:50–4:10 PM

I lay on my back in bed and tried to astral project. I wanted to visit my older brother who was his room at the opposite end of the house.

I felt detached. I felt like I had been thrown out into space. I was spinning (more slowly than a top). Everything was black. I felt like I was falling very rapidly, or moving in a direction other than down. I was afraid. There was a loud, roaring, rushing sound inside my head. I stopped moving.

I was floating near the ceiling and looking across an unfamiliar room. The room reminded me of a cabin at a summer camp. There were beds along the left and right walls, with their feet pointed toward the center of the room. There was a closed door at the far end of the room. Someone was asleep in a bed on the right at the other end of the room near the door. There was a knock on the door. Then the door opened and my brother stood in the doorway. As the door opened the person in bed sat up and I snapped into the body. The person in bed was I. The noise in my head was so loud that I couldn't hear what my brother was saying to me. I felt disoriented as if I'd been jolted out of a deep sleep. I could not talk. The noise stopped abruptly, just in time for me to hear my brother's final words, "...you better hurry. Dad's getting pretty upset." He closed the door.

I knew that in another room my father was standing beside a coffin containing the body of my mother. My brother was standing a few feet away. They were waiting for me.

Suddenly I was back in my real bed. There seemed to be no trip back.

Although this projection occurred over thirty-five years ago I still remember it clearly. It was a powerful and disturbing experience. My parents and brother are still alive.

Copyright 2007 Jon Maloney

2 comments:

Emily T. said...

I'm curious if anything in your waking experience has now duplicated this vision, or parts of it?

Jon Maloney said...

Hi Emily T.,

I just discovered your comment in a list of comments on one of my Blogger screens. I did not receive an email about it.

Your question is a good one. This was a vivid experience that haunted me for decades. I wondered if I would ever experience the same event when the future became the present.

My mother died in 2010 and there was never a scene like the one I experienced in 1971. I wish there were a way to learn something about reality from this experience, but there are too many unknowns. Here are some possibilities.

1. The experience was like a dream or hallucination with no bearing on reality.
2. The experience reflected a real scene in another dimension, timeline, or parallel universe.
3. The experience reflected a likely future at the time but subsequent decisions and events altered the future.

Who knows? To date now in 2016, this experience was one of my most powerful and vivid projection experiences.

Jon