Thursday, June 21, 2007

Dream Projection

Saturday June 23, 1984

I lost consciousness while trying to project to visit a friend and regained consciousness floating near the ceiling. I did not recognize the room, but I sensed the house was a specific house on North Main Street in Davidson, North Carolina (a house I never lived in). I also sensed that my sleeping body was nearby. The room was well lit by bright sunlight streaming through several windows. I tried to will away the dream world. I wanted to see where my astral self really was. Nothing changed.

I intentionally drifted downward to float through an open doorway into the rest of the house. As I approached the doorway I became aware of people moving around and talking in the next room. I felt an urgency not to be discovered. I remembered my plan to visit my friend. I thought I should be able to visit him instantly and leave the dream world behind. I tried, but nothing happened. I felt like the only way to get to my friend was through the room with the people.

I began flying frantically around the room in fear of discovery. I dodged a chandelier. Then I realized I could go through things. I intentionally flew straight into the wall at the outer corner of the room near the ceiling. When I struck the wall I was instantly wide awake in bed.

Copyright 2007 Jon Maloney

2 comments:

That Girl Tam said...

For a long time I never believed in Astral Projection...I do however believe in all sorts of other things - but that one just never made sense to me.

Then one afternoon (of many to follow), I took a nap on the couch in my boss's office. I swear on EVERYTHING I believe in that every.single.time I slept on that couch, I went somewhere - and had the hardest damn time coming back.

I now believe that couch is some kind of portal...and maybe that sounds strange, but it's never happened ANYWHERE ELSE I've slept - and it hasn't happened since I left that job.

Your stories are very interesting...thanks for sharing!

Jon Maloney said...

Thanks Phoenix. I wish I had a couch like that. I wonder if the couch affected others the same way? I wonder if any couch in that spot would induce projections? I wonder if it was the couch itself and the couch would have the same effect wherever it went?