Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Dream Astral Projection

Since this is the first dream post, I'll relate some background. For part of the seventies I kept a tape recorder beside my bed and recorded my dreams as soon as I awoke. In the late eighties I listened to the tapes -- seven sixty-minute tapes and four ninety-minute tapes. I transcribed the dreams that included conscious astral projections. Then I reused the tapes for music. Dreams in which I flew, time-travelled, or had psychic experiences other than conscious astral projections were not preserved.


June 10, 1977

I was with two coworkers at some type of secret class. We were in a large room with ten to fifteen other attendees. We were sitting on the floor in loose groups listening to the instructor who stood at the front of the room. My coworkers and I were very tired. Somehow I knew there was a large body of water right outside the room.

Suddenly the instructor spoke loudly. "Alright, now we are going to see if we can get out astrally. I want everyone to stand up. Stand up stiff and straight. Close your eyes and imagine vividly what I am saying. You are each enclosed in a column like a concrete building column. It is tightly fitting around you. Suddenly you begin to grow. You are getting bigger and bigger. At the same time the column is getting smaller and smaller. You are being crushed more and more tightly. And all of a sudden you are out!"

I felt the astral separation and I floated upwards as my body fell limply to the floor. I looked around the room and noticed that I seemed to be the only one who got out. Everyone else was milling around the room. I was concerned about my body. I was afraid the people might think I was dead or something and begin messing with my body -- checking it or moving it.

I noticed another coworker standing between me (the astral me) and the teacher. I drifted over to her intending to make her see me. I got right up at her face, waved my arms, and clapped my hands. She did not see me. Finally I either kissed her or licked her face. (I thought of both but could not remember which I did.) It worked. Both she and the instructor became aware of me at the same time. I said, "I thought you couldn't see me." They did not hear me, yet they said, "We see you."

Then I drifted around the room and out a window. I drifted into an upstairs window knowing that we were not allowed upstairs. I scanned some books and documents that were lying on a table. I do not remember their content. I drifted around upstairs awhile longer and then drifted back downstairs. The teacher said we were going to go upstairs to look at the book. I said that I had just come from upstairs and I had already seen the book. I stayed downstairs floating around the room, but I had difficulty remaining aloft. I would descend almost to the floor, try to go back up to the ceiling, float upward briefly, and descend again.

Then I was standing beside the instructor and I realized he did not believe I was projected. I tried to float upwards, but I could not. I had an idea and said, "Watch this." I stood straight and tall and quickly bent both my legs upwards at the same time. Rather than falling down, I hovered there about a foot off of the floor. The instructor shouted, "He's out! He did it! He made it!"

That's all I remember.

Copyright 2007 Jon Maloney

No comments: